Kepnock State High School has developed this Responsible Behaviour Plan
for Students in order to publish processes and procedures which establish a safe, calm and disciplined learning environment in a supportive setting. It emphasises the embedded procedures for a whole-school approach aimed at instilling responsible behaviour within a supportive school environment. The plan reflects the shared values and high expectations of Education Queensland and the Kepnock S.H.S community.
The plan includes:
- a clearly articulated and agreed code of behaviour, based on the values of Learning, Respect and Responsibility expected by all members of the school community.
- procedures for upholding the code and for the application of fair and consistent consequences when infringement of the code occurs
- the roles, rights and responsibilities of all school community members. In particular
- The rights of all students to learn
- The rights of teachers to teach
- The rights of all to be safe
- procedures for documenting and managing both behaviours, in compliance with relevant legislation, and departmental policies.