Australia’s key bullying prevention initiative for schools celebrates 11 years of action, connecting schools and communities to find workable solutions to bullying and violence.
Take Action Together with your school community on Friday 19 March 2021, and join the national conversation to help address bullying.
The theme for the NDA 2021 is Take Action Together. This theme aims to elevate student voice, empowering young Australians to join the conversation.
Together we can make change. Everyone has a role to play in supporting young people in dealing with bullying and helping to energise positive discussions about the issue.
Help our school community deliver a powerful message that bullying and violence are never okay. Join us on the NDA and get involved in our school activities.
Whether you’re a parent, teacher, student or member of the community, everyone has a role.
What we can do
If it happens in person, try these:
• Ignore them. Try not to show any reaction.
• Tell them to stop and walk away.
• Pretend you don’t care.
• Go somewhere safe.
• Get support from your friends.
If it happens online, try these:
• Avoid responding to the bullying.
• Report and block anyone who is bullying online.
• Protect yourself online using privacy settings and keep records.
If you see someone being bullied:
• Leave negative conversations. Don’t join in.
• Support others being bullied.
If it doesn’t stop:
• Talk to an adult (parent/carer/teacher) who can help stop the bullying.
• Keep asking for support until the bullying stops.
If your child talks to you about bullying:
1. Listen calmly and get the whole story.
2. Reassure your child that they are not to blame.
3. Ask your child what they want you to do about
it and how you can help.
4. Visit www.bullyingnoway.gov.au to find strategies.
5. Check in regularly with your child.
Need help now?
kidshelpline 1800 551 800
Headspace 1800 650 890